Orders shipped to addresses in Massachusetts (6.25%) or shipped to California (7.50%) are subject to sales tax based on the subtotal of the order before shipping. The shopping cart will automatically calculate and add the sales tax to your order.
If the state in which you reside and/or do business requires you to pay a use tax, you will be responsible for completing and submitting all paperwork for such transactions for that state.
Tax on orders shipping to Canada
In accordance with local law, all items shipped are subject to Canadian Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST). If you are ordering for a tax-exempt organization or individual, you will be required to provide documentation of tax-exempt status for the address where the product is being shipped. The name on the order must exactly match the tax-exempt certificate.
USMarkerboard.com collects the following duties and applicable GST/HST:
- Alberta: 5% GST Tax Rate
- British Columbia: 5% GST Tax Rate
- Manitoba: 5% GST Tax Rate
- New Brunswick: 15% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) Rate
- New Foundland and Labrador: 15% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) Rate
- Nova Scotia: 15% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) Rate
- Northwest Territories: 5% GST Tax Rate
- Nunavut: 5% GST Tax Rate
- Ontario: 13% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) Rate
- Prince Edward Island: 15% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) Rate
- Quebec: 5% GST Tax Rate
- Saskatchewan: 5% GST Tax Rate
- Yukon Territory: 5% GST Tax Rate
Amounts received by USMarkerboard.com for duties and taxes are received and paid on your behalf to the customs broker.
Please give us a call and a Customer Service Representative will be happy to assist you with any questions you might have.